Time for Business is a Business Studies package for the new Junior Cycle. It covers the specified Strands, Learning Outcomes and Key Skills.
- A new and comprehensive text for Junior Cycle Business
- Clearly stated, student-friendly Learning Outcomes for each chapter based on the statements of learning in the specification
- Student-friendly language level (SMOG tested)
- Bright, student-friendly design with a large number of full-colour illustrations/photos to support student understanding
- Icons provide clear identifiers for activities that develop students’ Junior Cycle Key Skills, including opportunities for the development of the key skills of numeracy and literacy
- Student activities allow for consolidation of learning and provide opportunities for further research and investigation
- A list of key terms for each chapter to assist literacy and revision
- Worked examples that link the study of business to students’ everyday life.
Time for Business Student Activity Book
- Anticipation guide for each chapter to assess students’ prior knowledge
- Student self-assessment for each chapter to promote self-reflection and metacognition
- Key terms crosswords and matching exercises
- Key questions with a range of higher and lower-order questions
- Chapter-specific templates, e.g. Profiling an Entrepreneur, Loan Application Form,Payslip
- Mind Map exercises
Teacher’s Resource Book
- A concise, clear overview of the new Junior Cycle Business Studies specification
- A comprehensive introduction to the Time for Business package including yearly schemes of work for the three-year cycle together with an overview of each chapter in the textbook
- Learning Outcomes, Key Skills and Statements of Learning are linked to relevant content in the textbook
- Provides suggested solutions to activities in textbook and student activity book
- Includes photocopiable templates for teachers and suggestions for additional activities
- Suggests website resources for use with the text
- Time for Business PowerPoints are also available for teachers and linked to the e-book. Click here to download a sample.